If you would like support while navigating this painful terrain of parent alienation, check out my upcoming Heal Your Heart Retreat.
Have You Been Cancelled As A Parent?
Sheri’s Heartbreaking Story Of Parental Alienation
Rejected Parents Are Harshly Judged
“Beliefs about how much parents influence children’s development are pervasive and oversimplified. Because of ideals about unconditional love and the mother-child bond, those who speak about adult children who estrange themselves are often judged, or even shunned.
Patterns I’ve Noticed In The Targeted Parent
Eight Manifestations Of Parental Alienation Syndrome
1) A Campaign of Denigration
2) Weak, Frivolous, and Absurd Rationalizations
3) Lack of Ambivalence About the Alienating Parent
4) The “Independent Thinker” Phenomenon
5) Absence of Guilt About the Treatment of the Targeted Parent
6) Reflexive Support for the Alienating Parent in Parental Conflict
7) Presence of Borrowed Scenarios
8) Rejection of Extended Family
Talk About A Case Of Injustice–What About The Alienating Parent?
Think about the impact of gossip.
Emotional, Physical, And Sexual Abuse
How Can You View This Situation To Get Some Relief?
I’m teaching an upcoming Heal Your Heart event that would be a good first step as well.
1) Realize it’s not your fault. You’ve done your best.
You are lovable and good enough and your child’s rejection of you has more to do with them and their needs as well as the fact they’ve been manipulated, rather than a moral judgment of you.
2) Deep healing is needed to move through the grief
I recommend energy work which I do and can help you with). You will always love your child, AND you’re a human with feelings who deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. By maintaining your belief in yourself, knowing who you are, staying grounded, you can survive and thrive through any life challenge.
3) Develop positive intelligence
Having the ability to be resilient and see the gift in ANY life scenario will be a huge blessing to you. Let’s face it. Life can really suck at times. When seen through the eyes of your Inner Sage or Higher Self, it’s all OK. We can surrender to just about anything.